A Weekend of Discovery
A Lifetime of Love
March 31 – April 2 in Lincoln
November 3 – 5 in Kansas City
What is Marriage Encounter?
It is a program designed specifically to build effective communication between a husband and wife. The weekend gives couples the opportunity to share their feelings openly and honestly in a loving manner.
Who is Marriage Encounter For?
The program is for any couple who desires to enrich their marriage. The weekend is Christian in orientation and is expressed through the background of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. However, the weekend is not doctrinally oriented. Any couple who is committed to their marriage is welcome.
What happens during a Marrige Encounter Weekend?
The weekend consists of a series of presentations given by a team of Adventist lay couples and a pastoral couple. After each presentation a time for personal reflection is provided, followed by a time to share these reflections with your spouse in the privacy of your own room.
Does the Weekend Respect Our Privacy?
YES! The weekend is very private and personal. It is constructed so that you concentrate on each other to the extent that you will hardly be aware of the other couples present. Since the weekend is so personal, your response will be uniquely your own.
What Does the Weekend Cost?
The non-refundable application fee of $50 is all that is required. Your weekend is a GIFT made possible by contributions from couples on a previous weekend. The actual cost of the weekend is approximately $300 per couple. At the end of the weekend, you will be given an opportunity to make a private contribution. Marriage Encounter is entirely couple supported and no one is ever denied the opportunity to experience a weekend due to the lack of funds.
Marriage Encounter FACTS:
- Foundation principles are spiritual
- Couples of all ages enjoy the weekend
- Your privacy is guaranteed
- There is no group sharing or counseling
Where Are Weekends Held?
- In a motel or retreat facility
- A private room for each couple
- Vegetarian meals provided
- Kansas/Nebraska Conference Area
- Starts Friday evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Ends Sunday around 4:00 p.m.
For more information contact:
Mel & Karen Simmerman
Stan & Angie Hardt
You Both Deserve This Love-Renewing Experience
Since its beginning in the U.S. in 1967, couples have volunteered their time and energies to bring Marriage Encounter to other couples everywhere. There are at least thirteen denominations sponsoring Marriage Encounter. Today, more than two million couples all over the world have experienced the beauty of their stimulating and heart-warming weekend. They want to share that experience with every couple because they found something worth passing on!
This refreshing positive approach to communication in marriage offers an opportunity for growth. Give this time to each other. Invest in a Marriage Encounter Weekend. The returns are great.
Marriage is a Journey
Please Send 1Registration Form to:
Not a Destination
Eugene & Roberta Clausen
1201 High Plains Circle
Lincoln, NE 68512
What have millions of married couples discovered?
- Effective communication in marriage leads to enhanced romance
- Strengthening a marriage enriches the entire family.
- Feelings can be shared without fear.
- Improved listening skills increase acceptance and trust.
- A lifetime of commitment can be filled with joy.
- Passion can continue through all of life's ups and downs.
- Marriage is an exciting and fulfilling journey.
- A husband and wife can be best friends.
- Preventative maintenance makes sense in marriage too!
1A new window will open. After you have printed the application, close the window to return to this page.
Additional links on this topic: